A Free forum to discuss anything and everything about your travels, hotels, airlines, tips, latest travel deals, sports tours or group tours. If you have a passion and enjoy talking about your travels, please share!

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

timeshares

scottroo

timeshares

Post by scottroo on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:13 pm

the girlfriends olds have bought a timeshare in a place in bali, now the deal was quite expensive and the hotels part of a group of 2000 around the world, this deal enables us to stay a week at a time at any of these resorts around the world for $250 a week, does this all sound right?

penny

Re: timeshares

Post by penny on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 am

yes, i know quite a few people that have timeshare, and my parents used to have hotel timeshare, i used a week for my honeymoon in Las Vegas and also in Marbella, spain! The accomodation in Spain was great, two bedroom apartment kitchen, balcony. Vegas was ok.

had a friend that also had timeshare and tried to get it on my fiji holiday in June but no avails, i had a look at the fiji one as i was staying next door and it looked nice, and i think that was $250 for the week!

If people can afford it its great! also good if your relatives have it and we/you can use it! Smile definitly take advantage of it, but recommend doing the research on the hotel before booking.

Songsting

Post by Songsting on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Yes, my parents have one and use it a lot, but they do say if they had their time all over again they probably wouldn't do it. Tied into the one set of hotels, have to book really early to get any decent times, annual fees etc. But then again, if they didn't have it, they probably wouldn't go on so many trips, so they feel they are forcing themsleves to use it to get the value from it, so it works out ok.

scottroo

Post by scottroo on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:35 pm

how long in advance do you have to book

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:35 am

u would want to book as much as in advance as possible, availability is limited the closer you get i hear.... definitly worth staying in timeshare in most places.... i would buy one as it costs thousands, thousands $$$ a year to have, but if you can get it from your relatives, do it! Smile

scottroo

Post by scottroo on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:35 am

thanks for the respones, found out the time share is through rci and dae, if we book now for around next august september in europe surely there would be plenty of places to stay? note we are using the rental part of the time share and not an exchange

penny

Post by penny on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 pm

RCI, yes that is what my parents had and we used the rental part of the timeshare for my honeymoon, stayed in Marbella, Spain for a week, if i can find out the name of the place i would definitly recommend it, where abouts in Europe your planning on going?
    check out the rci website, think its www.rci.com . you should be able to view all the properties around the world

scottroo

Post by scottroo on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:12 pm

plan on using it a week in paris, a week in southern france, and 2 weeks in the greek islands, then maybe a few other weeks around the place, yep viewed the places just waiting on my password and user id to come through so i can check availability, are most of them normally available

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 am