www.travelbountyforum.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Free forum to discuss anything and everything about your travels, hotels, airlines, tips, latest travel deals, sports tours or group tours. If you have a passion and enjoy talking about your travels, please share!

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

2 posters

Airport body scanners

JAS

Airport body scanners Empty Airport body scanners

Post by JAS Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:23 pm

If you plan travelling through Manchester Airport then you might want to tone up in the gym first now they've installed a body scanner that can see through your clothing and is fairly revealing. According to the article aiports in the US are going to use them too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8303983.stm

Joking aside I don't like it...I think it's way over the top and I'd rather have the pat down and handheld metal detector search. Although I don't have any, I also agree with those who have voiced concerns, in the article comments, about children being scanned.

Regards
    JAS
    bart

Airport body scanners Empty Re: Airport body scanners

Post by bart Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 am

what can they actually see, the general public cannot see the image can they??
    JAS

Post by JAS Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I believe the way it works is that the images are vewied by a group of customs officers in a seperate room.

I think considering the frequency with which our Government departments "lose" disks etc containing people's personal details it's probably only a matter of time before some images appear online etc.

In fact yesterday they announced that they have now stopped scanning Under 18's while they seek legal advice because the images show details of the genitalia.

Regards
    JAS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am