A Free forum to discuss anything and everything about your travels, hotels, airlines, tips, latest travel deals, sports tours or group tours. If you have a passion and enjoy talking about your travels, please share!

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

Holiday Parks?

gemin101

Holiday Parks?

Post by gemin101 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:38 am

Hey guys

interested to know if any of you have any stories, comments or reviews about your holiday park experiences around New Zealand. Planning my late summer holiday with family now and have started doing my research with TOP 10 Holiday Parks www.top10.co.nz new zealand holiday accommodation which seems to be a pretty good place to start. Any comments on other options??

cheers

gemin101

godoubleblues

Re: Holiday Parks?

Post by godoubleblues on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Gday gemin101
    we stayed in a few holiday parks on the north island in late sep
    cant remember the names of most of them but there was one in Palmerston North which was near the town centre and it was only OK
    then headed up to Taupo for 2 nights and stayed in the top10 there, very good, clean and great facilities, really liked Taupo
    then spent one night in Rotorua at one at the south end of town, this was also good with excellent facilities
    then stayed at the top 10 at Waitomo Caves, very clean with good facilities, but could have done with a few more trees, this one was quite barren we thought
    and finally we ended up at Miranda Holiday Park about 80ks east of Auckland which was also very good
    our impression was that the holiday parks put alot in to entice the customer and it is obviously a very competitive business
    also the top10's were slightly more expensive than some of the others

and we were in campervans

cheers

gemin101

Post by gemin101 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:05 pm

hey godoubleblues

thanks for the input - great to get some first hand experiences.

have never been to Waitomo - did you like it? did you do the glow worm caves?

Smile

godoubleblues

Post by godoubleblues on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:41 am

gemin101 wrote:hey godoubleblues

thanks for the input - great to get some first hand experiences.

have never been to Waitomo - did you like it? did you do the glow worm caves?

Smile

yeh Waitomo was good, unfortunately for us they had a heap of rain so there was no blackwater rafting, but we did see the glow worms in the caves, we went into a couple of different caves

gemin101

Post by gemin101 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:48 am

glow worms are very cool ... have seen some on the West Coast, but never the Waitomo ones ... time i got myself back up to that part of the country.

godoubleblues

Post by godoubleblues on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:27 am

gemin101 wrote:glow worms are very cool ... have seen some on the West Coast, but never the Waitomo ones ... time i got myself back up to that part of the country.

yeh we also saw some glow worms on the west coast of the south island at Hokitika
    nice little place Hokitika

gemin101

Post by gemin101 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:53 am

Hokitika is pretty cool ... did you know they have a webcam on their council website??

check this out ... www.westlanddc.govt.nz/ http://www.westlanddc.govt.nz/index.cfm/0,361,html ... you can use the controls to drive it and zoom and see whatever you want Smile

penny

Post by penny on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:07 am

is there a glow worm place in the south island, near christchurch / hamner springs?

cool website link to the webcam!

gemin101

Post by gemin101 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 am

hi penny

yeah love that webcam!!

As far as I know there are no gloworm places near Hanmer or Chch ... the ones I have seen were on the West Coast.

cheers

penny

Post by penny on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 am

actually im thinking of a totally different place, im thinking of the one i went to on the Gold Coast in Queensland! we went to gold coast and New Zealand within a few months of eath other, oops sorry Smile

travelvietss

Post by travelvietss on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm

thank you about information

Vietnam Travel, Vietnam Tours, Halong Cruises. Sapa tours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 pm