www.travelbountyforum.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Free forum to discuss anything and everything about your travels, hotels, airlines, tips, latest travel deals, sports tours or group tours. If you have a passion and enjoy talking about your travels, please share!

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

*THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER IN USE - NEW WEBSITE AT www.travelbounty.com*

3 posters

Airline woes...

munitalP
    munitalP

Airline woes... Empty Airline woes...

Post by munitalP Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:36 am

After a number of trips into Europe, I have limited my entrance and exits to/from either London or Frankfurt. Both LHR and FRA have my choice of airlines flying to them - mainly QF - the only downfall being exiting from FRA gives access to a shared airline lounge - a CX lounge which is small and regional...

FRA is a good hub for flights into central Europe as well as direct flights to most major cities on the eastern seaboard of the US and direct flights to Asia and beyond. Don't forget that the ICE (inter city express) stops at FRA and gives you the ability to reach most destinations without having to return to FRA - 1st class on the ICE is exceptional, well worth the Euros!In my opinion, the best train in the world with the Swedish X2000 running a close second for service...

I am considering not to use FRA as my exit to AU after recent experiences in LHR T5 lounges - one world emerald helps gain access of course but in my humble opinion, the two T5 lounges rate as the one of the best in the world with galleries being the choice of the two - why wouldn't I grab a few extra hours at LHR to use these awesome lounges? Just make sure you are in the right terminal for your onward flight though!

I recently went FRA/GRZ/train/LNZ/London Stansted/LYON as the flights were so cheap I couldn't justify the 800 Euro flight (Lufthansa) from LNZ to LYON - in fact, with taxis, hotels, food and drink plus airfares, I went LNZ/STANSTED/LYON for around 250 pounds...

I also strongly advise against flying the likes of RYAN AIR or EASYJET (although I personally had no problems with easyjet, friends have) as you pay for what you get - very little... I have been stung 5 times the fare price in excess luggage on RYAN even though I had two tickets (one was a no show travelling partner)and would have been under the weight - SHAME ON YOU RYAN AIR...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if others can share similar experiences with Crappy Euro airlines - lets start the list....

MY HATE LIST

Ryan Air
    EasyJet
    Eurowings
    SAS

MY LIKE LIST

Lufthansa
    SAS

munitalP

farao
    mrtravel

Airline woes... Empty Re: Airline woes...

Post by mrtravel Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 am

have travelled around UK and Europe a while back when living there, i actually used Ryanair for most of my monthly holiday breaks to Europe and actually found them to be not too bad, very cheap, only thing sometimes they dont fly to the major airports!
    Used BA as well within UK and to US and bit like Qantas really....
    Did fly EasyJet once, flight was delayed about 2 - 3 hours, that was the last time i flew with them Smile (similar to Tiger Airways in Australia!)
    What is the new T5 like??
    redandblack

Post by redandblack Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 am

I agree about Frankfurt being the best airport if you're travelling to Europe.

A train to start a trip anywhere in Europe is right there. If you want to rest up for a day or two, head up to one of the small towns on the Rhine, such as Boppard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm